Last Updated on: 30th May 2023, 07:03 amWATCH IN STORY MODE
Table of Contents
Dental Hygiene Tips for Your First Date:
Nothing fills us with more excitement than the first date. We care about looking good and thus making the best impression that allows us to conquer from the first moment.
You know that the image you transmit will be decisive, regardless of whether the other person likes it. For that reason, you choose the right clothes, make the best hairstyle, and wear your favorite perfume, with which you are sure you can make an impact. But there is something very important that you should never overlook, your breath. And bad breath caused in most cases by poor dental hygiene can end your date in the first minute.
Tips for Healthy Mouth:
Luckily, bad breath can be prevented and, below, we want to give you the best tips to have a clean, healthy mouth, and you can dazzle with your best smile.
- Maintain proper dental hygiene. You must have a clean mouth to avoid bad breath. Remember that in addition to getting a perfect brushing, it is very important to complement it with other products such as dental floss and mouthwashes. Good dental hygiene is as important as choosing the perfect outfit.
- Don’t forget to clean your tongue well. Did you know that most of the bacteria from your mouth accumulate on your tongue? According to studies, 41% of cases of bad breath are of lingual origin. Brushing for the tongue should be smooth and from back to front.
- Eat a balanced diet. A diet low in carbohydrates, fat, and protein will make it easier for you to have good breath. Crunchy fruits and vegetables are great because they naturally clean your teeth and tongue when you eat them.
Advice for Your First Date:
Besides this, it is important that on the day of the date you avoid asking for foods with strong flavors, such as onion, garlic, or spices, also remember that alcohol and coffee are not friends of good breath.
- Drink lots of water, a straightforward and effective solution. It will help you keep your mouth hydrated and reduces the chances that bad breath is generated.
- Avoid smoking. Smoking is an unpleasant habit that not only turns your teeth yellow and dries out your mouth, it also gives you bad breath. The nicotine residues that remain in your mouth go to the blood vessels and limit saliva creation. Remember that if there is not enough saliva, the bacteria in the mouth increase.
- Renew your brush. With daily use, toothbrushes wear out. The bristles of the brush weaken and lose their firmness, which makes brushing less effective.
- Go to the dentist regularly. The opinion of a professional is very important when evaluating the health of your mouth. Going to the dentist will help detect possible pathologies and dental hygiene deficiencies and treat them before they become complicated. In addition, it may also be advisable to perform a cleaning which will allow the removal of stains and tartar on your teeth, which could be causing bad breath.
If you have any questions about this or other topics, contact us at Channel Island Family Dental, as well as on our Facebook page. At Channel Island Family Dental, we are always attentive to your needs to make a timely diagnosis. In addition, our dentists in Oxnard, Santa Paula, Newbury Park Ventura, and Port Hueneme will guide you to the best treatment to give you back your best smile.